Lockdown will officially end in England on 2nd December and Nottingham will move into tier 3.
The latest month-long lockdown in England will officially end on Wednesday 2nd December and the country will move back to operating under the tier system previously in use. If you're not familiar, there are 3 tiers in which a county/location can be placed under. Tier one is 'Medium alert', tier 2 is 'High alert' and tier 3 is 'Very high alert'.
• All non-essential business in the city will be able to re-open.
• You must only shop with people who are a part of your household or support bubble.
• Face masks are to be worn at all times when shopping and inside any shopping centres unless you are exempt.
• Hairdressers and barbers will be able to reopen
• Beauty and nail salons will be able to reopen. This also includes tanning and massage spas.
• Tattoo parlours will be able to reopen
Gyms and leisure centres:
• leisure and sports facilities may continue to stay open, but group exercise classes (including fitness and dance) should not go ahead.
• You should not meet anyone outside your household/support bubble to socialise. This applies to all indoor locations and most outdoor locations.
• You can meet outside in large public spaces such as parks but activities such as a walk however this is limited to group of 6.
• All bars and restaurants must remain closed for inside use but can still offer takeaway, click and collect, and delivery services. You can find a full list of which businesses are currently offering those services HERE.
• Entertainment businesses such as music venues, bingo halls and bowling halls must remain closed.
To help support businesses in Nottingham city centre, we've created handy digital guides which show exactly which services are currently available from shops, restaurants, bars and more. Click the image below to get started!
Nottingham is home to one of the biggest and best independent scenes within the UK. Full of vibrant streets lined with independent shops, cafes and bars, you'll be sure to find what you're looking for...
At Its In Nottingham, over the course of the last few months we have been regularly highlighting brilliant charitable organisations and their outstanding efforts across the city. We have rounded up...