Situated at the top of Carlton Street, this site has been occupied for centuries. Mr Gregory’s house was built here in 1674, on the site of an even older mansion. In 1810, Ichabod Wright moved his bank into part of Mr Gregory’s mansion, where a new banking house was built in c1860. Wright’s Bank was absorbed by the Capital and Counties Bank, later taken over by Lloyds. The bank closed in 1995 and became the Lloyds No.1 bar.