Help Nottingham become greener with these easy steps.
We wanted to share some small, manageable steps that you can take to ensure that you are doing your bit towards a better, greener future. These will instantly help you balance out your own carbon emissions.
· Walk, bike or use public transport to get to get around
· Share car journeys with friends or family when using a car is needed
· Join a car club instead of buying a new car
· Try meat free Mondays, just reducing meat and dairy can have a big impact on emissions
· Reduce the amount of single use plastic in your home (food packaging and toiletries are the main culprits here) Check out city centre zero waste store Shop Zero
· Buy second hand clothes and houseware
· Switch off lights and electrical items that aren’t in use
· Look into installing renewable energy such as solar
· Find out if your house has wall/loft insulation, or double glazing by looking at your Energy Performance Certificate online
· Keep showers to under five minutes (try playing two of your favourite songs and use those as a timer...Bohemian Rhapsody is not an option!)
· Reuse items and sell unwanted goods, instead of throwing them away
· Buy a reusable bottle and take advantage of #Refill stations across the city
· Plant pollinator friendly plants in your garden and local green spaces
· Switch to bio friendly cleaning products
· Make your garden accessible to nature with hedgehog paths, animals shelters and insect homes
· Go paperless at home and/or at the office
· Ask about the sustainability policy where you work and encourage more action
Want to take steps to be greener but aren't sure where to start? Here's a full page of resources to...